Thursday

What role do the media play?

Isn’t it interesting how some media such as the New York Times on Line is focusing primarily on one candidate? Why do you thing this is the case? Is it because they really want to report news or are they trying to secretly endorse the candidate they think would be more friendly to their cooperate cause (money). Senator Hillary Clinton is the longtime candidate (30+ years) with all the Washington inside (and connection to the lobbyists whose concerted effort is designed to effect influence, typically over government authorities and elected officials).

  • Hillary Clinton’s New Hampshire Primary Speech (January 8, 2008)
  • On Eve of Primary, Clinton Campaign Shows Stress (January 8, 2008)

Why did CNN and other media play Senator Hillary Clinton’s teary moment over and over again? Why did they show Bill Clinton’s “Fairy Tail Speech” over and over again? Is the media afraid that Senator Barack Obama may really have a chance to become President?

2 comments:

RockinRinglets said...

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. I had a feeling Senator Clinton's little eye leak would have some sort of impact on voters in N.H. It seems that it may have impacted women more than anything (I hate it when women use crying like that) causing an increase in the voters for her. In fact, I can recall watching the percentages and at one point Obama and Clinton were both 37%, and then it drastically shifted to Obama at 36% and Clinton at 38%. I dunno, maybe a lot more women happened to have PMS that day? In a way I'm being tongue-in-cheek, but I'm really not.

TP said...

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog.

I am glad to hear that you are not being "tongue-in-cheek". I am actually pleased to see that there are more critical people in this world. People who reading between the lines and don't just take what they see and hear in the media at face value. No matter if Hillary showed true emotions or not, it should not been played over and over again. Also, it feed into to the prejudice of the weakness of women. Stop playing on the gender them and start looking at the problems.

I have never blogged about politics before but I am sick of the injustice in this world. We need a change in leadership!